Brothers Osborne released a new album on January 15 called Pawn Shop.
This 11 song album will feature one of the pairs singles recently released “Stay a little longer” which broke into radios top 10 list. Every song on this album was co-written by Tj and John Osborne.
Pawn Shop tracklist
1. “Dirt Rich” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Barry Dean)
2. “21 Summer” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Craig Wiseman)
3. “Stay a Little Longer” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Shane McAnally)
4. “Pawn Shop” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Sean McConnell)
5. “Rum” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Barry Dean)
6. “Loving Me Back” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Casey Beathard)
7. “American Crazy” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Ross Copperman)
8. “Greener Pastures” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne, Ryan Hurd and Maren Morris)
9. “Down Home” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Jessi Alexander)
10. “Heart Shaped Locket” (TJ Osborne, Lisa Carver and Andi Zack)
11. “It Ain’t My Fault” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Jessi Alexander)
It’s challenging to have an entire life’s work summed up in 11 songs so we really focused on having every track on this album held together by what John and I do,” TJ comments in a press release. “We want it to be different scenes on each track but to keep each one honest and from our perspective.”
Sarah Rodman from bostonglobe.com says “this album lives up to and even exceeds the early buzz. The 11 tracks, all co-written by the Osbornes, expertly capture TJ’s beguiling baritone and John’s nimble fretwork, with fewer concessions to pop-country trends than might be expected from a major-label act. You can smell the smoke and taste the whiskey on classic country ballad “Loving Me Back”; the bittersweet nostalgia that runs through “21 Summer” is palpable; and the whimsical wordplay of “Greener Pasture,” an ode to Mary Jane, is another high point. And the two singles that preceded the album’s release.”
This is a great album filled with soulful country songs. The great thing about this album is the brothers Osborne have a very distinct voice that is different than anyone else. My favorite song from the album Pawn Shop is dirt rich because the lyrics stand out to me.